Skip links and keyboard navigation

The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.

The tribunal does not receive complaints about councillor conduct directly from complainants.

A complaint about the conduct or performance of a councillor can be made by a ratepayer or member of the public by contacting the chief executive officer of the local government to which the councillor belongs.

Referral of complaints about alleged misconduct to the tribunal

If the preliminary assessment of a complaint is that it is about serious misconduct, the complaint may be referred to the tribunal for consideration and appropriate action (section 176C(4)(b) and s177(3), Local Government Act 2009).